Early Detection and Prevention of Lung Cancer (P) | Lesson 2: Early Detection and Prevention of Lung Cancer (P)
Page 1 of 10
Signs and Symptoms
These are the Red Flag Symptoms for lung cancer:
- Scales: Unexplained weight loss
- Forehead: Sweats
- Red Flag Symptom: Chest Dyspnoea (breathing difficulties). Chest pain - either a dull ache or a sharp pain when coughing or inhaling deeply. A chest infection that does not get better.
- Stomach: Loss of appetite.
- Red Flag Symptom: Cough - A persistant cough for 3 weeks or more. Change in long standing or unexplained cough.
- Red Flag Symptom: Tissue Haemoptysis (coughing up blood).
- Throat: Hoarseness
- Red Flag Symptom: OTC Medicines Persistant use of cough mixtures can cover up signs of cancer.