The below diagram summarises the process required when checking calculations. For more information on this process please refer to the Platinum Drug Dosing for Paediatrics factsheet in the Useful Links section of this page.
Dose banding is not normally used in children, though may be employed in adolescent doses. Please refer to adult prescription verification module for further details.
- Check the BSA is correctly calculated
- Check all dose calculations and units are correct
- Check dose consistency and accuracy
- Check dose banding is within the maximum variance of 5%
- Double check the more complex dose dependent calculations, e.g. carboplatin dose is dependent on renal function