Rob Duncombe, ISOPP’s 2019 Symposium Chair, will race in one of the toughest foot races on the planet to raise money for cancer research. Guess how long it will take him to complete the race for a chance to win a complimentary registration to ISOPP’s 2019 International Symposium
. See below for details on how to enter!
A reminder to submit your abstract(s)
online by Monday, May 6, 2019
. View submission information and guidelines on the ISOPP 2019 website
, and read below for more information about the Symposium (abstract submission, program, venue and more).
New for 2019, the ISOPP Research Committee has prepared a resource on how to write an abstract
for a scientific meeting. A useful tool, guiding you in the process of preparing a well-written abstract, especially if it is your first time. Review the guide for some ‘tips and tricks
For a chance to win, guess how long it will take the Chair of ISOPP 2019 to run 150 miles in the Sahara Desert
In just 4 weeks, Rob is off to Morocco to begin his extraordinary expedition across more than 150 miles of the Sahara Desert as one of the participants of the Marathon Des Sable. Over the 6-day race, he will carry everything he needs to survive. Temperatures can exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the sun and sand! Help Rob out by making a minimum donation of £15 in support of cancer research at The Christie NHS Foundation Trust where he is the Director of Pharmacy.
The Christie charity provides enhanced services over and above what the NHS funds for more than 44,000 cancer patients treated at The Christie every year. Your cheering support will help Rob get over the finish line – your financial support will help The Christie fund life-changing and potentially life-saving projects that will benefit cancer patients both now and in the future.
ISOPP 2019 will take place on October 10-13, 2019, followed by a one-day Masterclass on October 14, 2019 at Novotel London West in London, UK.
How to win a complimentary registration for ISOPP 2019:
1. To enter, go to Rob's Just Giving page
2. Make a minimum donation of £15
3. You can enter as many times as you like, but you must make a donation each time you enter
4. Leave a message: “ISOPP: <Your Full Name> - My prediction is XX Hours XX Minutes”
5. The winner will be the person whose predicted time is closest to Rob's finishing time
6. In the event of a tie (identical times), the winner will be selected at random
7. In the event of a tie (different times with one higher than the finish time, one lower), the person who guessed lowest will win
8. In the event that Rob does not finish, the winner will be selected at random from all entries received
9. The prize is complimentary registration to attend ISOPP 2019
10. The prize is transferable
Remember to leave a song for Rob's MdS playlist!
** In 2018, the winner finished the race in 19 hours 35 minutes. The last participant to cross the finish line did so after 72 hours 43 minutes.